Having earned a reputation as a regional center of excellence in minimally invasive orthopaedic surgery, the outpatient medical center and its staff bring their skills, experience and technology to facilitate all facets of outpatient orthopaedic care.
Dr. A. Shabi Khan, M.D. is currently functioning as the Medical Director.
The Outpatient Surgery Center at Seton features technologically advanced surgical suites, each equipped for minimally invasive or less complicated, shorter procedures, which do not require an overnight hospital stay.
Today with new surgical and anesthesia technologies, more and more surgeries can be performed on an outpatient basis. Surgical procedures performed routinely at the Outpatient Surgery Center at Seton include:
- Arthroscopy and other orthopedic procedures
- Laparoscopic gynecology procedures
- Tonsil and adenoid removal and other ear, nose and throat procedures
- Pain management blocks
- Laser surgeries
- Cataract and other eye surgeries
- Breast and other biopsies
- General surgical procedures
- Cosmetic surgery
- Urology procedures
- Bunionectomies and other podiatric procedures
- Dental or oral surgery
“The Outpatient Surgery Center at Seton was designed for the medical technology of today and of the future,” says Medical Director A. Shabi Khan.
About the Outpatient Surgery Center at Seton:
- 12,000 square-foot surgery center on one level for easy patient access
- Five surgical suites and minor procedure room
- Each surgical suite is equipped with advanced technology for endoscopic and minimally invasive surgery
- State of the art recovery beds
- Seven bed preoperative nursing area
- Registration, pre-registration, blood tests, and insurance billing all take place in the surgery center saving the patient’s time and providing convenience
- The Center is committed to maintaining a high nurse-to-patient ratio to help ensure high quality care before, during and after surgery