Carri Allen Jones, M.D.
Dr. Carri Jones has been named an Innovator in Orthobiologics & Advancing Regenerative Medicine by The Orthobiologics Institute. Read more.
Dr. Carri Jones is proud to have been asked to join teaching faculty at the Global Premier Conference on Stem Cells in Orthopedics by The Orthobiologic Institute (TOBI). This is the 7th Annual Global Premier Conference hosted by TOBI on June 11th, 2016.
Dr. Carri Jones joined Peninsula Orthopedic Associates after relocating to the Bay Area to reside with her family. She was Chief Resident in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Upstate Medical University and the Institute For Human Performance in Syracuse, New York. She completed fellowship training in Stem Cell Regenerative Medicine & Orthobiologics with application in sport and spine medicine with Dr. Marko Bodor. She is board certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Sports Medicine, and Pain Medicine. She was a partner at Orthopedic Associates of Central New York, Chief of Physical Medicine at Crouse Irving Hospital, team physician for Syracuse University Athletics, Syracuse Sting, USA Golden Gloves Boxing, and consultant to the Ladies Professional Golf Association and American Hockey League.
Dr. Jones is a specialist in the diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of injuries and conditions of the spine, peripheral nerves, and musculoskeletal system. She treats sports and occupational injuries, degenerative arthritic conditions, and complex regional pain syndromes. She has expertise in the diagnostic usage of ultrasound, neurosonology, electrodiagnostics (NCS/EMG), bone densitometry, fluoroscopy, gait analysis, and exercise testing. She has advanced training in percutaneous injections to include but not limited to interlaminar and transforaminal epidural, facet medial branch, peripheral nerve, and sympathetic blockade. Also, she performs interventions such as radiofrequency mapping and ablation, discography, Tenex, Botox, spinal cord stimulation, and dorsal root ganglion (DRG) neuromodulation. She has additional specialty interest and fellowship training in stem cell regenerative medicine, tissue engineering, and orthobiologics in musculoskeletal repair and healing.
She embraces personalized medicine, best practices and precision point of care for rapid optimal recovery. She is an early adopter of transformative technologies and digital health solutions, which provide positive impact in the quality of life for the community.
Dr. Jones: REGENERATIVE MEDICINE – PRP, Stem Cells, and other Biologics
The concept of employing growth factors for healing of musculoskeletal injuries and degenerative conditions is relatively recent. Given growth factors are found primarily contained in the alpha granules of platelets, techniques to isolate and concentrate this component of blood following a simple venipuncture, has lead to platelet rich plasma (PRP). PRP is an autologous biologic solution, which promotes musculoskeletal healing.
Evolution of the field of regenerative medicine has rendered further cellular engineering with the addition of stem cells as a means to replenish the musculoskeletal injured or diseased area where the cells have limited regenerative capabilities. The source of stem cells is derived from easily accessible superficial areas such as your iliac crest (bone marrow aspirate concentrate, BMAC) or stromal vascular fraction of adipose tissue. The mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) have capacity to differentiate toward cartilage, tendon, and bone, along with a self-renewing process to generate daughter cells to maintain the newly implanted cellular matrix.
PRP and stem cells are a new option for healing of tendons, joints, ligaments, cartilage, bone, and intervertebral discs. A new minimally invasive approach Dr. Jones offers, which has great promise in the field of sports medicine, spine care, and orthopedic degenerative conditions.
- Remedy Medical Group, 6/2016 – present
- Chief Science Officer, X Tech Ventures, 9/2016 – present
- 1988 BS, Biology Honors Program, Syracuse University
- 1993 MD, Medical School, New York Medical College
- 2014 EPSE, Graduate School of Business, Stanford University
- 2016 MPH, School of Public Health, University of California at Berkeley
Post Graduate Medical Training:
- 1994 Internship, St. Joseph Health Science Center at Syracuse
- 1997 Residency, Upstate Medical University, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- 2015 Fellowship, Napa Interventional Spine and Sports Medicine:
Stem Cell Regenerative Medicine & Orthobiologics
- State of California
- State of New York
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Subspecialty Certificate, Sports Medicine
- Subspecialty Certificate, Pain Medicine
- Fellowship Certificate, Stem Cell Regenerative Medicine & Orthobiologics
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- American Society of Sports Medicine
- Biologic Orthopedic Society
- International Spine Intervention Society
- North American Spine Society
- North American Neuromodulation Society
- San Mateo County Medical Association
- Women Presidents’ Organization, Silicon Valley Chapter